7.25.2008

It's a Girl!


Went to the giant pay-per-pound goodwill the other day and picked up some treasures. Among them: a classic plastic popping vaccum toy, a new-looking patagonia fleece for myself, a pair of pants for Alex, A large swatch of shimmery starred fabric for who knows what (Alex's just loves my "who knows what" collection), and what was most satisfying of all: a pink grass skirt to go in Lili's future dress up chest, and a doll. I will be the first to say that boys can, and most certainly will, play with dolls and hula skirts, but, there was this little part of me that opened up inside when I saw the doll. It was like the floodgates of gushy-ness for things like tea parties, and dress-up, and mother-daughter talks, hit me for the first time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'll never forget receiving the most stunning baby gift of a set of matching tea cups and saucers from my friend Elaine. "For when you and Clara have tea together!" she explained with a smile. What? Have tea with this little blob of flesh and poop and pumping heart? She might grow up and want to have tea with me? And so she has. And it is the best!

Daisie said...

Dressing up is the best fun ever!!
You've been tagged!!
Daisie xxx

Erin said...

Even though I LOVE Corbin to death, there is certainly something about having a little girl... I have a whole doll house in the attic waiting to be played with. Who knows maybe Corbin will have tea with me and play LP :-) Or we will just have to hope for a little girl next.