10.08.2008

Pick of the Week: John Copeland

I wanted to share John Copeland's journal pages. Copeland is a well known artist living in NYC.

Although he is an amazing painter, I am enriched and taken in by his raw journal pages. Sometimes I go to his site and scroll through his journals when I need encouragement to let myself go to the unregulated territory of my artistic heart. It is in this place that I can unfold and speak my truth through my work, and do what I need to do.

I have dreams that people will be enamored by my art, but more than that, I often find myself wishing and hoping that my work will speak to someone, and prompt them to find and speak their truth as well~
~As my Dad (who is an English teacher) always says: "write what you know about."




1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the sentence: "Sometimes ... I need encouragement to let myself go to the unregulated territory of my artistic heart." That's a saver!
Love you!