10.06.2008

Southeast Womens' Herbal Conference

We lucked out...the Red Moon vendor booth had the best location at the conference . I worked a long weekend overlooking the most gorgeous lake with a beautiful reflection of the mountains in it. Each morning when Lili and I trekked down from our cabin the landscape would be covered in a thick fog.
By about 10 the fog would lift up and reveal the mountains...
Here is Carmen showing off all of our hard work making our products look pretty:Because she had a mike on, we were able to hear some of Ada-Belinda DancingLion's class while we worked. The part I caught was about finding and using your voice. Good stuff...
I met Alex in the parking lot each morning and he took Lili all day. We were separated for 10 hours each day. She seemed to really enjoy the papa-time. Although as soon as she saw me each night she would hold out her arm and make the "nurse" sign to me within seconds... Sort of makes me feel like a milk cow when that happens. But it was sweet too...
I made friends with one of the only males at the place. Abraham informed me he has two more years that he can attend the conference (he is 8). Here he is showing off some spiffy cartwheels and round-offs (remember those!?) for me!
Overall, I got to meet a bunch of amazing women, and talk about herbs for hours on end all weekend. It was a successful conference, and I am so proud of my friends who put the whole thing on.

2 comments:

Laradactyl said...

I made friends with Abraham last year! He's so awesome.

xoxo

Lara

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great weekend! And I know what you mean about feeling like a cow, but just enjoy it while it lasts. That season ends so soon!