11.04.2008

In Progress...


I have just snuck home from an election-night get-together next door to put Lili to bed and make a cup of tea. While I am waiting for the water to boil I thought I would share two pieces that I was working on this morning. (Today was my first day of having childcare so I could paint!!!)
They are part of my "rest" series. I started this this series a bit ago, and this solitary chair has become a symbol to me. It has become a reminder to take a moment for yourself- to quiet your busy body and mind and rest. To create a space of rest... These past few months have felt full and hectic and overwhelming at times, and these chairs have brought me comfort.
The words underneath these two paintings are pages from Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Farmer boy". They are from the winter chapters- and I love to glimpse these well-loved wintery words behind the chair...
Well, I am heading back to the Carmona's. (We have a monitor that reaches that far- how cool is that?) Many people in our neighborhood have gathered there to watch the results trickle in on their nice TV.
Keeping my heart and fingers crossed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful! I love them!

Fingers crossed, here, too. Oh my.

Anonymous said...

i especially love the rocking chair....a beautiful invitation to remember to rest...so important.