11.24.2008

sick

This weekend officially ended my 12 year no-barfing streak.

Lili got the stomach bug too. As did Ema, Nim, and Noah (and Gita last weekend). So far Alex and David have been holding down the fort. I had asked Alex when we had heard Gita was sick last week "One year olds can't throw up can they?" and he just looked at me. Right, dumb question.
And I found the answer to my question the hard way. Poor baby...
Alex has been so sweet to us. He came and put rotating cool wash clothes on my face, and gave Lili a bath, and changed the sheets, and did laundry. All the while taking care of both of us.

I reread my last post about tantrums. (Thank you for your thoughtful comments by the way) It is crazy how life sends you what you ask for. I asked for perspective, and after being sick, tantrums now seem very insignificant.

I am too down and out to have any pictures to share, but go to Ema's blog here
if you want to see a cute one of our dog.

6 comments:

Daisie said...

Sorry you are all so poorly, I hope you are soon recovered.
Big kiss for Lili X

Erin said...

Uh I am sorry you are sick! I know that when I had my first cold and felt so yucky with Corbin, it was hard to take care of myself as well as him and it was only a cold! I hope you all get better soon!

Linda said...

Hmmm .. weren't we just having the "barfing" conversation a week ago?
So sorry - it's the pits when it's both of you (but thankfully not all of you!) - and I'm so glad you gave me the gift of a barf-less childhood! I'm still SO appreciative!
love you mom

Gypsy at Heart said...

You had a barfless childhood? How did you manage that? It's been 44 years and I still stand alone in the "IRTV" Club (I Refuse to Vomit). My dad made it about 50 years. I was with him when he "gave it up" when he was about 74. I remember thinking, "I'm doomed." It's only a matter of time....

Megan Coyle said...

hope you feel better :(

Anonymous said...

I am sending you "get well" energy. I love you and hope you feel better soon. Happy Thanksgiving!