12.24.2008

and the stockings were all hung from the unsanded post with care...


Lili didn't have a stocking so I decided to make her one. I used a cute striped sweater I got at the pay-per-pound goodwill. I made the inside layered with a soft blue sweater material. I just cut it all out, pinned it together, did one line stitch around the edge, a blanket stitch in red string around the edge after I turned it right side out, and then sewed a top out of gray wool. All in all it was a super easy and fun little project. And I am so excited to see Lili reaching into it to find surprises tomorrow.

4 comments:

Daisie said...

A beautiful stocking! Ours have been dug out from last year ready to be hung from the end of the beds tonight, very excited now.

We are watching Santa deliver around the world on the norad site, brilliant!!

XXX

Erin said...

I am so excited for Lili to reach in too! And maybe she will even wear it on her head! Merry Christmas Eve to you all!!! We love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what your email address is, so I'll post this to your blog. Ken opened your beautiful package tonight, and his eyes filled up looking at your artwork, "Wheels". Thank you so much for being in the world and creating such beauty. We can't wait to see you in January.

Love, love, love. Nancy

Meghan said...

Kelcey,
This morning when I opened my birthday and Christmas presents from Kevin, I was beyond thrilled! Your art is even more beautiful in person, and I cannot wait to have both pieces displayed in our home for everyone to enjoy. It was the perfect gift, thank you so much for creating such incredible beauty! And I love the ornament, too! Kevin and I have started a tradition that we get one ornament each year together, and the one you sent is perfect! :)

~Meghan