12.20.2008

We had a nice slow day today.
Last night was the Carmona's Cheesy Holiday Party in which everyone was decked out in gaudy Christmas gear. Lots of Holiday sweaters, appliqued shirts, and general cheesiness all around. David did his facial hair up special for the event of course. This party was also Ema's birthday party and this was a dream of hers, so she was in heaven.

This morning we squeezed in our little house to do a brunch (puffy pancakes, homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, navel oranges, scrambled eggs and coffee)with some friends and afterward Alex and I took a nap with Lili in the middle of the day! Later I made some soft ginger cookies with real shredded ginger in them and we walked around our neighborhood and delivered some plates of cookies and some ornaments we made. When we got back it was dark and we ate leftover homemade gypsy soup.
Everyone should take days like these. I wish I did more often too.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like a pretty excellent day. Better than driving in nasty NW roads for 2 days to get to my parents house! Those cookies look yummy :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! And I love the cheezy christmas sweaters!