1.05.2009

Off we go!

Well, we are going to spend a month in NH. We are getting ready for our big overnight car trip right now. All of our belongings are packed up in tubs ready to go in the back of the truck. Alex hasn't had work here in quite a few weeks, and Amy has kindly asked Alex to do some fix-up work on her house~ so off we go...
I feel very bittersweet about it.
I am excited to play in the winter and spend quality time with my family. I am really happy to see my family and grandparents in NY on our way there. I am excited to see old dear friends who I don't see enough of. I am looking forward to sledding and long walks amidst snow laden trees...
But, I also feel terribly sad for what we are leaving behind. Our cats Sal and Pip. And our dog Atticus. And the Carmona family who feels like home. The goats, our fun neighborhood. Our own bed... I know it is only 4 to 5 weeks, but packing up it feels like a long time. :(
It is hard to have your heart in two places. Part of my heart is certainly in New England, but I would be lost without this place too...
One thing to look forward too is that upon our return, our goat Windy will be giving birth and we are going to bottle-feed the babies!
Okay, I am off to finish packing and cleaning our house. I will write more when we get there!
XOXO

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy and Safe travels. I am jealous you get to go and spend time in NH. I am also torn like you, I love my home here in the west but also miss NH and New England terribly sometimes. Say hi to everyone for me! Big hugs to your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kelcey, I totally know how you feel of feeling at home in different places. As much as I wish your home was here, I know it's not, and in that way I can sympathize with your sense of sadness about leaving. But the rest of my is PSYCHED!!! YEAH! I can't wait to see you!