4.12.2009

Easter

Yesterday on our to-do list was to make some eggs for the neighborhood egg hunt so I dyed 11 eggs and Lil played/colored with one. I just gave her some crayons, paper, a bowl of water, some paints, and an egg.It seemed like a brilliant way to keep her involved and yet out of the dye cups. It worked really well until she hit the egg and it cracked a little and then she was able to poke her finger inside and play with it. She dropped it back in the bowl and let the watercolor paint-water soak into it, and when I turned for a second pulled it back out and took a gigantic bite of the sloppy egg, shell bits and all. Then as I was trying to swipe out any remaining egg from inside her cheek the bowl of mushy egg and paint water tipped and sloshed down the curtain and splattered on the floor. It was one of the great ideas that just got away from me I guess... I think I would still recommend this though...
I made up a little Easter basket for her. Mostly stuff I found at the thrift store (including the plastic eggs which I was very happy not to buy new) and a little bit of sugar and curtness found in a stuffed duck. I wasn't sure how she would react to it, but first thing this morning she was beyond happy to have a surprise awaiting her... She crouched down and peered at it.
It was the perfect day... After the egg hunt we shared a crepe brunch on the deck with the neighborhood~ it was quite festivious and very sweet. Lots of new beginnings and promises of new growth to be had...
(Sorry if I bored you with all these pictures~ I am totally smitten for pictures of eggs.)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am never bored when I read your blog :-) Looks like a pretty fun day. I am torn about Easter, since it's not a religious holiday for us, I am never quite sure how to spend it. Corbin did get a small Easter Basket from us with a book and a hot wheel in it. Next year I would like to do an egg hunt. Remember when I was at your house for Easter?