6.03.2009

"you are safe"

"Fear says I will keep you safe. Love says: you are safe."
"You are safe"
12" x 12" x 1.75
(will be in the shop sometime next week!)

I was in my studio working on this painting this week and was inspired to add this quote that I had remembered from this wonderful blog post that Katie wrote~ only I didn't have the exact quote. So, it isn't word for word~ so I am not sure what that makes it... A hybrid quote? Some English teacher (my Dad? Tom Eslick? Mrs. Lemeris from 8th grade?) may strike me down for this sort of behavior~ using quotation marks when it isn't quite right, not even a footnote in sight! But artistic license is what I will call it today.
Right or wrong, or not enough credit directed in the right places~ it still is a lovely thought.

also, you can click here and here to visit two very nice blogs that featured my paintings! Thanks Lynsey and Gina!

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Love this one! And you are very welcome for the Cuteable feature :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, Kelc. I love all the places that this rest series is taking you! This one is very powerful, and I LOVE the quote!

Erin said...

I really like those two as well. And the quote! Even if its not exact.