"you are safe"

"Fear says I will keep you safe. Love says: you are safe."
"You are safe"
12" x 12" x 1.75
(will be in the shop sometime next week!)

I was in my studio working on this painting this week and was inspired to add this quote that I had remembered from this wonderful blog post that Katie wrote~ only I didn't have the exact quote. So, it isn't word for word~ so I am not sure what that makes it... A hybrid quote? Some English teacher (my Dad? Tom Eslick? Mrs. Lemeris from 8th grade?) may strike me down for this sort of behavior~ using quotation marks when it isn't quite right, not even a footnote in sight! But artistic license is what I will call it today.
Right or wrong, or not enough credit directed in the right places~ it still is a lovely thought.

also, you can click here and here to visit two very nice blogs that featured my paintings! Thanks Lynsey and Gina!


Swirlyarts said...

Love this one! And you are very welcome for the Cuteable feature :)

bottomland said...

Oh, wow, Kelc. I love all the places that this rest series is taking you! This one is very powerful, and I LOVE the quote!

Erin said...

I really like those two as well. And the quote! Even if its not exact.