9.23.2009

30 days of happiness :: 14

FALL!
and all of the good stuff that comes with it. Such as:

Hot cereal for breakfast... (cream of wheat with flax seeds, maple syrup, butter, blueberries, and walnuts.)

going for walks with the little one and starting to find colorful leaves...
making home made rosemary bread, and the smell that comes with it...making roasted Autumn soup with these:
and getting to eat it ( in the soup bowls made by my mother) with the home made bread by candlelight...
and there are a hundred other reasons why fall makes me so gosh darn happy. Like the deep cold smell of the air when I open the window in the morning. Or the apples. Or how the cats get more cuddly. Or the sound of falling leaves in the forest. I could go on and on... anyways...
Happy Fall Equinox!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yes indeed! Fall is wonderful! All of your reasons for loving for the season are so warming and lovely. I have always loved fall, too, but with a weird sort of forbidden love. As much as I want to throw my whole heart behind fall's beauty... I can't seem to shake to an inner cautiousness... summer is over; winter is coming. Fall seems all too short. Winter comes too quickly... Fall for me is like a gorgeous lover who you want to spend all your time with. You could be with him forever. But you know deep down inside, that he is trouble. And soon, sure enough, his darker side appears...(seasonal affectedness disorder, anybody? ha, ha!)

wesleyjeanne said...

Oh yes, indeed, I do enjoy fall in WNC.
Lovely post, lovely photos, lovely season, lovely life.