9.01.2009

30 days of happiness :: 3

Joy = Baby with a blinking heartbeat:
As you can see, everything went very well today. ♥
In retrospect now it seems like maybe I was overreacting by how devastated I felt yesterday. Although it is a serious concern to not hear it at 13 weeks, it does happen. A lot of things I read as reasons you may not be able to hear the heartbeat (such as a tilted uterus or a placenta in the way) seemed void since I had heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks, so I really went straight to the worst case scenario, while Alex really was focused on the best case one. And he got his way, and I am happy. He also wasn't in the room when my midwife was trying to find the baby though... I started to cry today after the ultrasound technician said the baby looked great. I had been thinking that maybe I wasn't an overly emotional pregnant woman this time around (you know, crying at commercials ect. ) but, the last 24 hours have made me think different.

I never had an ultrasound with Lili, so it was fun to see the baby, and see it moving around. Don't you like the second picture of our little alien baby? We thought it looked either like an evil monkey or an Alice Cooper type alien. Or... Maybe it is a Grateful dead-head baby... None are very babyish images, but I am sure by the time it arrives it will have toned down it's hard-coreness ;)

Anyhow, thank you all for your good thoughts from the bottom of my emotional-train-wreck-heart.

9 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh thanks goodness! You have been in my thoughts all day, and I am so glad to hear that all is well. Your new alien baby looks wonderful! That is a most wonderful 3rd day of happiness post! I think I might start that, too!

Daisie said...

Wonderful news :-)

I think this new baby of yours looks very like Lili in profile.

I know the health system is very different for you guys but it seems so strange that you didn't see Lili before she was born. Here in the UK we routinely have two ultra sound scans. One at 12 weeks for dating purposes and then another at 20ish weeks for development checks. I saw the girls much more than that though as Elizabeth had a huge cyst in her abdomen (ok now, long story) and I had pre-eclamsia with Francesca and with both the girls I had a very low-lying placenta so had late on scans at 36 weeks.

Hope all continues to go well and don't worry about the crying, I never recovered from that after I had Elizabeth. Any old thing makes me cry these days. Good things mostly though, very soppy!

Hugs xxx

Mandy said...

Lilah looked very much like a monkey when she was first born.....now she looks like a chipmunk!

You have a lot to be emotional about....let out all your tears, or scream out loud if it helps.....no one can say anything. You have the best excuse there is to be raving emotional lunatic!!

love to all of you!
Mandy

Kat said...

Hug! Hug! hi baby!

Linda said...

My heart goes out to you and I'm SO grateful that all is well. Phew!
I hope I haven't passed on my WCS gene to you ... but now that I think about it ... it was motherhood that brought it to the forefront in the first place :)

cara lou said...

So happy and relieved to hear your good news! Yay!

Erin said...

Oh Kelc, I am so glad things turned out ok. I would have commented earlier but I am just now getting to my blogs after working and being pooped each night! I love you, Lili, Alex, and the new little being :-) I love my ultra sound photos of Corbin! I am glad to have had an ultra sound after not originally wanting one. LOVE YOU!

carlylennox said...

Most of the blogs I have visited this evening have been involved in the 30 days of happiness project. It is such a special thing to do... and just perfect while you're feeling better in the middle of your pregnancy :) I'm really inspired and feel that I must try this too... with only 2 months to go until the birth of our second, I'm sure there will be days when I need to focus on the positive too! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Supria Karmakar said...

WOW..a..big congrats on this news...I hadn't visited in a while and I am so happy for all of you and glad to hear all is good....knowing you (via the blogging world that is) I believe you will relish, cherish and savour every moment with grace, gratitude and true thoughtfulness...you exude wonderful 'mother' --- how great you can do it second time over ...congrats again.
S