9.11.2009

30 days of happiness :: 7

In the middle of the night before my birthday Alex snuck downstairs and decorated the house birthday style with balloons and crepe paper. When Lili and I came downstairs in the morning he had lit 2 candles on top of some Krispy Kreme donuts and he sang Happy Birthday to me. Lili's eyes were gigantic at the whole scene before her. It made me excited for her birthday.
I was happy to be celebrating 31 years of health and joy on this planet with my thoughtful family. I had tons of well wishes too.
I just feel so grateful to be here.

And then yesterday while it rained and fogged outside, Lili and I had a balloon dance party in the living room. Dancing with balloons could be a cure-all for any blues I think...

4 comments:

Linda said...

Such a sweet hubby!
And .... dancing, period is enough to chase the blues away! But with balloons ~ it musta been a blast!
Love your posts

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so great! I love you all so much and hope to talk to you soon!

Erin said...

BAAAAALllll....is what Corbin is saying seeing your balloons! What a wonderful and simple surprise. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Love you!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Kelcey! I need to try the balloon thing sometime...