12.09.2009

recent funny lili

*We stayed in a beautiful lake house on Lake Lure for the Thanksgiving weekend. This house had many beautiful hand-crafted features in it, one of which was a beautiful stained glass window above the tub in the master bathroom. After a couple of days of taking bubble baths and enjoying the luxuriousness of it all Lili asked about "poo poos" in the window. I said "Lili, those aren't poo poos, they are clouds".

But they never looked like clouds to me again...

*I have found that maternity pants have this terrible inclination to ride and slide low, causing plumbers crack if you are not careful. In public I am always trying to keep this problem a secret, but at home sometimes I am a little more slack about how on top of this problem I am. On one of these lax occasions Lili came up behind me and stuck her cold finger on the tip of my butt crack and just as I jumped in surprise I heard her say, "What doin' bum bum???".

*Alex's Dad, (Alex Sr. or affectionately "Gramps") gave Lili this Cookie Monster doll as a present. The other day she was nursing Cookie Monster. This particular Cookie Monster burps and says things like "MMMMMMMMMMM Good!!!" when you open and close his mouth. He had a lot of good things to say about breastfeeding.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh the joys of words and knowing what is on her mind! And her actions. Thanks for the giggles. Love to you all.

Lindsey said...

Scott and I enjoyed reading this one together...thanks for making us laugh! Lili is too cute! :)