8.06.2010

sister painting...

I can't remember off the top of my head if I showed you this painting that I made this past spring~ I think so...
anyways, I was commissioned by my friend who bought it to make a painting to go with it. It was an interesting challenge since I didn't have the first painting in person, and I didn't have all of the same papers, Ect... but I love the way the little sister came out:8" x 8" x 1.75"

all those curlicues at the bottom are from an antique ledger from the early 1900's. One whole column of a page was filled with this person's (F.W. Knight I believe) stamped signature. Something about the repetition is so beautiful to me. The little bird is a Vesper Sparrow.

So this is what they look like together:

4 comments:

jessica louise said...

they are both so beautiful, kelcey. i especially love the text in the new one. what is it from?

Adam said...

Hmm... I thought they went side by side...

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful, alone or together.

Missouri Bend Paper Works said...

They are gorgeous each by themselves, but together they really complement one another...beautiful!!!