2.03.2011

frustration and photoshop elements 9....

...I love you and I also hate you. Argh.


 I have spent much of my free and quasi-free time today trying to figure out my new photoshop elements 9 program. It didn't come with any directions, and I was going to buy a dummies guide book, but then all  the reviews said you can get the same information for free on youtube. And it is true that there are endless tutorials. Some are amazingly helpful, and some tie you in knots they are so confusing.  But my biggest problem is I don't know the exact wording of what I want to do... so....

I have figured out a lot of cool things with it though~ but for every one thing I figure out there are five more buttons I press that I can't seem to fully understand. Or, I will make something happen and go back to do it later and it doesn't work. I loved using photoshop when I was in college, but that was 10 years ago, and I don't have guiding teachers peering over my shoulder this time. 

I know will get there though.

These are some messing around pictures. See those white blobs in the middle of the second picture? No matter what I did I could not make them something else. So frustrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, I prefer paint, paper and glue.

Christina Rosalie said...

Oh man...photoshop is such a headache. I have found that Lynda.com has AWESOME tutorials. You don't need to pay more for the downloads, and some of the tutorials are free... it might even be worth a one-time subscription. I find it's so much easier to learn by doing/watching than by reading a book... and I'm with you: photoshop is hard. It's such a powerful tool--with SO MUCH to offer. Definitely not something that can be mastered by trial and error...