3.07.2011

new work

I have been in bed with the stomach bug for the last 3 days.
It stunk.
But one of the positive things that happened while I was down was bringing this little bird back to life.
 I don't know if you noticed, but she got whitewashed out of the painting I am currently working on.
Luckily, I took a photo before I erased her, and now she is the star of this sweet digitally compiled illustration. It took me forever to get it the way I wanted; but I am so pleased by how it turned out.

In addition to being sick, the past week has brought the visits of Alex's Dad and Laurie, my Mom, and Alex's Mom.
Eliseo also got terribly sick in there too for a few days... but now he is all better.  A lot of highs, and some yucky lows.

There was also a lot of rain. And you know what?  buds. are. everywhere....  : )

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a beautiful bird and painting (is that what you still call it?). Glad to hear you are on the mend. Lots of visitors! I love seeing the buds all around here too!

chris said...

gorgeous!! love the angle of the bird, the colors in the feathers - and that corally-pink color is perfect!