5.06.2011

slow day


It's a slow day.
After a few weeks of prepping for the art fair and being graced with some fabulous house guests~ the house is quiet. Dishes to do. Laundry to be done. Soup to make for dinner.

Listening to the news while I clean: Bin Laden's death, Japan, the economy, the Middle East upheavals. Letting it all sink in~ then letting it go as I focus on nursing, sweeping, working on the computer, drawing with crayons, making lunch. Trying to keep a teething toddler happy. Thinking about my Nephew Noah turning 14. 14! When I met him he was just a little older than Lili... Big thoughts and simple tasks all swirled together.

Days like this are essential for staying grounded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. I need a good bit of down time to balance busy days.