5.10.2011

surprise!

I had a gigantic surprise gift on Mother's day. The kids were jumping up and down with excitement and Alex had a pretty big grin on his face too. After some help unwrapping it, I was completely shocked to find a brand new mountain-unicycle inside!

Once upon a time I lived in a little village in New England with less than 2,000 people. My friends (like this one, and this one, and this one, and this one) all road in a unicycling group called the Andover One Wheelers. Check out our famous ride in Macy's Day Parade circa 1992.  Totally awesome slash dorky.

Anyhow... I have been wanting a new unicycle for awhile, and this unicycle is designed for rough terrain.  Also, I am happy to live in a place where I can ride without people gawking at me.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this green beauty.
I took it for a spin down our dirt road right after breakfast.
It is So. Much. Fun.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO cool! I can't wait to come take it for a spin! Happy Mother's Day sweet friend!

Mandy said...

What a great gift!

chris said...

oh wow! you were one of those andover unicycle kids!! i saw the group once and was astounded!! i am soooo impressed!! oh, please post a video of you riding your green beauty!!! what a wonderful gift!

Adam said...

Start practicing!

I bet it comes back quick. But Erin broke her arm the first time she got on a unicycle after high school.

Adam said...

Not to jinx you or anything...er...I'll stop writing now.

Erin said...

Yeehaw!!! Can't wait to see your skills when we come and visit. I might not try again though....like Adam said.

onegoldensun said...

what talent! I would love to learn how to ride a unicycle some day. such a playful, happy looking bike!yay!

Cindy said...

Hi Kelc! I haven't caught up with your blog in awhile, but did see your Etsy site a bit ago and that's awesome! Great job! Anyway, this is so cool that they gave you a unicycle for Mother's Day! Love it!! Have fun!