6.16.2011

Goodbye Nana

I apologize for my absence here this week~ life has been full.

Alex's grandmother (Nana, Grace, or Mom depending on who you are) passed away a few days ago. She has been in declining health so in some ways it is a blessing she won't be in pain anymore, but she will be greatly missed. She started to check out mentally within weeks of Alex's grandfather passing a few years ago. They were both incredibly fun people, and I bet they are having some good laughs together now...

But here on the physical plane, life has been full of planning a trip to her celebration/funeral. And I am getting on a plane this evening bound for LA to visit one of my bestest friends who just had twins for a week. I am going with NO KIDS. And Seo is still nursing as of today... I am just trying to leave the house as clean as possible for Alex. I am just crossing my fingers and not thinking about it too much.

I am sure there is more, but I have to go pack.
Love to all,
Kelcey

3 comments:

Liz said...

Kelcey,
I am very sorry for your loss. Give Alex our love. I will pray that all goes well for him and the kids in your absence. (Big decision to go without Seo..WHOA!)I am sure everyone is going to be A-OK:) Have a blast in LA! And by the way, there is a crazy resemblance between Alex and grandfather, huh? Love you!
Liz D.

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to call you for days. Now I'm kicking myself for not picking up the darn phone! If you have a moment and the desire, give me a call while you're traveling tomorrow. Also, I'm sorry to hear about Nana. And I'm so excited for you about going to see Christine! And the thought of leaving Seo feels a little bittersweet, but I'm so excited for you to have some time to yourself with a dear old friend/sister! Will you pump? At least bring a hand pump so you aren't in pain! (Something I did NOT plan for when weaning Clara, thinking my supply was so low at that point, but OUCH!) xoxo

Jill said...

Awww, so sorry to know you lost your loved one. May God give you Blessings of love and peace in the coming days.
xo Jill