10.23.2011

leaf weekend...

We just returned from our family vacation at the LEAF Festival.
The LEAF Festival's mission is to "Connect cultures & create community through music and art."
They bring in and support music from all over world. It is truly amazing.
Some of my favorite musicians this time were: Sweet Honey In The Rock, Toubab Krewe, The Infamous Stringdusters, Rising Appalachia, Bassekou Kouyate, Rebirth Brass Band, Peter Mawanga & Leo Kottke.
I am grateful to have such an experience in my own town...

These photos are from the LEAF parade. It is an eclectic mix of kids, adults, puppets, bananas (???), jugglers, stilt walkers, and musicians. ♥

  ♥

1 comment:

Linda said...

Amazing visuals! And I can just imagine the music with a line-up like that! Someday I WILL make it to Leaf!
Thanks for sharing.